The Catholic School Trusteeship Program includes six courses, each of approximately 25 hours over a five week period. Each course requires the completion of readings, assignments, and participation in online discussions.
The Certificate in Catholic School Trusteeship is designed for those who wish to know more about their faith, what makes a Catholic school authentic and issues in Catholic education governance today. The program offers participants courses in the areas of Catholicism, Scripture, Jesus, and the Sacraments, as well as courses specifically designed around Catholic education.
- General interest in your personal faith formation
- Current or potential Catholic school trustees
- Certified catechists
- Catholic school educators
- Persons working in Catholic school divisions, dioceses and parishes
- Anyone working in the ministry of Catholic education.
- Others whose ministry would be enriched by formal certification in this field.
CCS-003 Jesus Christ
CCS-004 The Sacraments
CCS-027 Catholic Education in the Mission of the Church
CCS-028 Catholic School Governance and Issues in Catholic Education
To complete this certificate in the 2016-17 year students must register for the courses in the following order.
(This does not apply to those who take more than one course per cycle and Certificates are not required to be completed within a year.)
Cycle 1 - CCS-001
Cycle 2 - CCS-004
Cycle 3 - CCS-002
Cycle 4 - CCS-003
Cycle 5 - CCS-027
Cycle 6 - CCS-028